Creepy Dead Ringer Reboot
Beverly and Elliot Mantle, twin gynecologists who share everything – including their patients, drugs, and lovers – are the subjects of David Cronenberg’s “Dead Ringers,” a cult classic film released in 1988 that throws in psychological horror to an already fascinating tale of identical twins.
As their co-dependent relationship spirals out of control, their mental and physical health deteriorates in increasingly disturbing ways. “Dead Ringers” is a masterclass in body horror and a testament to Cronenberg’s unique vision as a filmmaker. This article will examine this iconic film, its production, and its impact on the horror genre.
In 2018, Amazon released a reboot of the 1988 classic Dead Ringers, directed by original director David Cronenberg. The new series follows twin gynecologists who start losing touch with reality as their professional and personal lives unravel.
The cast for the new series includes Sarah Gadon, Rosanna Arquette, and Jennifer Jason Leigh. The show gets written by Skylar Gaertner and produces by Amazon Studios.Moreover, the first trailer for the show gets release in May 2018. Furthermore, the show will be available on Amazon Prime Video on April 5th, 2023
- Amazon Studios has announced that the upcoming reboot of David Cronenberg’s 1988 film Dead Ringers will premiere on its Prime Video platform on April 5, 2023. The film, which stars Leslie Odom Jr. and Evan Rachel Wood, is a modern update of the original story, which follows twin brothers played by Jeremy Irons in the original.
- In the new version, Odom Jr. will play Beverly Mantle, while Wood will take on the role of Claire Niveau. The cast also includes Sarah Gadon, Janina Gavankar, and Michael Dorman.
- The film’s plot follows the twin brothers as they spiral out of control after working for a powerful pharmaceutical company. As their grip on reality unravels, they turn on each other with deadly consequences.
- The film’s trailer is available; you can check on different websites.
What is the plot of the show?
The Amazon Prime video show Dead Ringers is a reboot of the 1988 film of the same name, which David Cronenberg directed. The new show sets in the present-day and follows twin brothers and gets play by actor Jared Leto. One brother is a successful surgeon, while the other is a struggling medical student. They realize they have much in common when the two meet and form a close bond. As their relationship grows, the twins share everything, including their darkest secrets.
When one of the brothers becomes romantically involved with a woman, the other becomes jealous and plots against him. This eventually leads to a dangerous game of cat and mouse with deadly consequences. Dead Ringers is a dark and suspenseful thrill ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end.
Who is in the cast?
Moreover, the cast for Amazon’s reboot of David Cronenberg’s Dead Ringers includes familiar faces and new ones. Plus, the prominent cast members are:
- Jeremy Irons as Dr. Elliot Mantle/Dr. Beverly Mantle
•Genevieve Bujold as Claire Niveau
•Heather Marks as Missy Kaplan
•Stephen Rea as Dr. Peter Novak
•Rosanna Arquette as actress Marilyn Chambers
The supporting cast includes:
- Barbara Sukowa as nurse Louise Lacroix
•Linda Hamilton as Mrs. Salinger
•Edward Atterton as actor Roger Perrin
• Bret Roberts as actor Oliver Rose
Furthermore, the new Amazon Prime Video series Dead Ringers sets to premiere on Thursday, April 5th. The show is a reboot of the 1988 film of the same name, which David Cronenberg directed.
The plot of the series centers on twin brothers who both play the role of actor Toby Jones. One brother is a successful surgeon, while the other is a less successful medical doctor. The two begin to swap places with each other after the death of their father, which leads to a spiral of dangerous consequences.
The cast also includes Rupert Graves, Sarah Gadon, and Penelope Wilton. The series is written and gets production by Tony Grisoni, and Jon Amiel directs it.
What is the trailer for the show?
The trailer for Dead Ringers is finally here, and it looks wild. The show, a reboot of the 1988 film of the same name, follows twin brothers who are both gynecologists. However, things turn dark when one of the brothers loses touch with reality.
The trailer opens with the two brothers (played by Rupert Everett and Charlie Carrick) driving in their car. We then see them in their office, seemingly conversing with a patient. But things get weird when one of the brothers hallucinates and sees his patients as monsters.
The trailer contains creepy and unsettling images, precisely what you would expect from a David Cronenberg film. This show is not going to be for the faint of heart. Dead Ringers set to premiere on Amazon Prime Video on April 5, 2023.
The Release Date
- Furthermore, the release date sets for Amazon’s reboot of the David Cronenberg classic. The film will premiere on the streaming service on April 5th, 2023.
- In 1988, Jeremy Irons starred in a dual role as twin gynecologists in the original release of “Dead Ringers,” which was both a critical and commercial success and is widely regarded as one of David Cronenberg’s best films.
- Antti Jokinen will direct the reboot and star Lily Collins and Alicia Vikander as the twins. The plot is under wraps, but the film is a “modern take” on the original.
- Dead Ringers are one of the most anticipated films of 2021, and with its all-star cast and intriguing plot, it is sure to be a hit.
Amazon’s David Cronenberg Reboot
The original 1988 film Dead Ringers, directed by David Cronenberg, is getting a reboot from Amazon Studios. The new version will come on Amazon Prime Video in April, 2023.
The reboot will star Jeremy Irons as identical twin gynecologists who start to lose their grip on reality. When one of the twins starts an affair with a patient, it sets off a series of events that leads to tragedy.
The cast also includes Olivia Williams, Genevieve O’Reilly, and Stefanie Martini. Neil Marshall is directing the reboot from a script by Cronenberg and his son, Brandon Cronenberg.
The original Dead Ringers was a critical and commercial success, earning three Academy Award nominations, including Best Actor for Jeremy Irons. It also significantly influenced subsequent films like The Silence of the Lambs and Black Swan.
The reviews for Amazon’s David Cronenberg reboot of “Dead Ringers” have been overwhelmingly positive. Critics have praised the show for its complex and fascinating characters, stylish visuals, and willingness to take risks.
Many have called it one of the best television shows, and some have even said it’s the best thing that Amazon has ever produced. Undoubtedly, “Dead Ringers” is a must-watch show, and we can’t wait to see what else David Cronenberg has in store for us.
Fans’ reaction to the trailer
- The trailer for Amazon’s upcoming Dead Ringers reboot has been met with mixed reactions from fans of the original film. Some are excited to see a new take on the classic Cronenberg film, while others are worried that the reboot will not live up to the original.
- Some of the most common criticisms of the trailer are that it does not seem faithful to the original film and looks like a typical Hollywood horror remake. However, many fans are excited about the reboot and believe it has the potential to be a great film.
- Regardless of the mixed reactions, it is clear that fans of both the original film and David Cronenberg are eagerly awaiting the release of Dead Ringers.
The wait is finally over for fans of David Cronenberg’s legendary 1988 film, Dead Ringers, with Amazon Prime Video set to release its reboot. With an all-star cast and a gripping plot that delves further into the sinister world of twin gynecologists Elliot and Beverly Mantle, it promises an exciting ride for horror fans everywhere. The official release date has yet to be announced, but we will update you as soon as more information becomes available. So until then – stay tuned!